Re: attachment

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 08:51:33 -0700

Judith,
This may seem self evident once I say it, but the manuscript can't possibly
*be* a folder.  I suppose it may be the only file within a folder, but
that's not the same.  Just activate the Insert File command from the Insert
menu in Outlook Express, and in the filename area type just the name of the
folder, like, c:\story or whatever.  Make sure to include the path
directions, as I just did here.

Now shift tab into the list of the files within that folder.  There'll only
be one filese, I suppose, but make sure you hear "selected" before pressing
enter, and that should attach the file.  This is how you'd normally do
something like this anyway.  I never heard of attaching a folder to a
message.  Just a file.  Once the concept becomes clear, it'll all be okay.
,.der.folder it's in, and then tab into the files list view of that folder,
make sure the file is selet