anybody using jfw and varioconnect braille display?

  • From: Claus Thøgersen <c.thoeg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw engelsk" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 23:52:24 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to find a bluetooth braille display, both for JAWS, Mac and an Iphone. I want a display so I can input braille and perform commands usually performed on the qwerty keyboard.

I am trying to decide if I want to go for Focus Blue from FS or Varioconnect from Baum. I have a friend that has a Vario that I have been able to use for a few weeks.

There are many nice things with the vario, but one serious limitation I have found is that I have no way of performing most function keys e.g. alt, control, windowsKey and the functionkeys. I am used to using an old Pac Mate with Jaws remote, where I can perform all these keys from the Pac Mate. I have been reading through the documentation that comes with the driver you need to install in order to get the Vario to work iwith jaws, version 10 or later, but I cannot find anything in the documentation about how to perform these keystrokes. Am I overlooking something very simple here?

Braille is not often discussed on this list, is there other lists more dedicated to using braille, with JFw or maybe with different screen readers?

Claus

Alternative archives located at: