Re: accessible file converters

  • From: "Yadiel Sotomayor" <yadosotomayor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 10:13:46 -0430

You need to convert into FLV or you need to convert from FLV? I have two. The first is videora iPod converter that converts videos from flv and other formats to iPOd format. It is a very prosesor hug program so don't use it if you want it fast. Abnother program that I use (wich it's last update has become very accessible) is youtube downloader. Don't let the name fool you. It converts videos from any kind of format to almost any other format you want even into FLV. Also, don't worry, this is a very legal program and all that so dSon't worry. The only problem I have is that it takes the quality of the video and it shops it out tremendusly. What I do is to first pass the video to videora iPod converter and through youtube downloader. Why? because the videora converter incresses the quality and you deminishes it. Why again? Because the files that videora converts are smaller. Even about half. Here's an example using FLV as my primary and MOV as my target.

Harry Potter. FLV 900MB

After videora:

Harry Potter. MP4 (1.2 GB

After youtube converter:

Harry Potter.MOV 620MB

My family says that there is no difference between the original FLV video and the MOV counterpart when done that way. Of corse, you can get programs that convert without no quality lost, but they cost money. I use this two and they only cost time.

Yadiel