access32 and jfw ilm V 6, my findings

  • From: "Hal Pearson" <hspearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:23:52 -0500

Hi to Pat Tusing, and all on list,

Last night I was able to get my Access32 working with the ilm version of jfw
6. Needless to say I was very excited, yes it can be done. I first made a
back up of the original jfw.ini file for Jaws 6, then copied the
synthesizers section from an earlier version and pasted it in. Before
installing new ilm version, I removed the V 6.0 quella version. I chose to
remove all settings, and that might be why I lost the ability to use
Access32. I guess I wanted to do a fresh install and start with a clean
slate. So if you are using dectalk, and moving from quella to ilm, you may
wish to keep your original settings, this includes default speech, frames,
scripts, and dictionary changes. I'd advise this only if you aren't
comfortable editing an ini file such as I did, lol! But I am still not sure
you can use Dectalk 32without a quella key installed. Right now I am running
jfw quella 4.51, 5.1, and ilm 6.0. I discovered, that I have a copy of
dtsoft.jls located in my c:\program files\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\6.0
folder. The dtsoft.jls, is a necesssary file needed to run Dectalk, it's a
driver I think. Amazing what you can find on your system when you are trying
to get something to work for you.

Hal

[Synthesizers]
Synth1Name=dtsoft
Synth1LongName=DECtalk Access32 Software
Synth1Driver=dtsoft
Synth2Name=eloq
Synth2LongName=Eloquence for JAWS
Synth2Driver=eloq