access violation

  • From: "golden" <golden89@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:38:09 -0800

greetings
Today, as I was installing a program, a message pops up "an access violation
occurred" while copying some files. The file c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RICHED32.dll
could not be copied. I was prompted to either retry, ignore or abort. I tried
retry many times but nothing worked. So I have nno choice except to invoke
ignore. Everything went fine then.
Kindly tell me what is going on and what is this file
c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\riched32.dll which is causing access violation? How can I fix
this in future?
thanks so much for all your advice.
golden