a barrage of questions

  • From: "Patricia" <bcsarah.fan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JAWS List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 09:43:52 -0700

Hi all:

sorry for the seemingly endless number of questions, but I really need to get them off my chest. the first having to do with the JAWS 7.1 installation, when it comes out. back in December I renewed my SMA for JAWS so now I have 2 free upgrades at the point I am at now, with JAWS 7. the thing is, on my desktop (where JAWS 7 has been installed since September) I have no upgrades remaining, whereas on my laptop (where a clean install of JAWS took place in March) I see the two remaining upgrades. is it as I suspect? will I need to uninstall JAWS 7 on my desktop and then re-install it to see the two remaining upgrades? and if so, ths means that I can't merge my settings which brings me to my next point, merging over a network. back in the good old days, or, my good old days (as some of you may still have 98) I had one computer running 98 and the other running XP. since the computer running 98 was my primary computer, the merge seemd to run smoothly. but as soon as I got XP things were less than perfect. despite having both of my C drives shared out I couldn't access JAWS so I could merge my settings like I used to over the network. sure, I could access the drives, but anything on it, nuh uh. it's like everything on the c drive is sacred or something, including things like the my documents folder, where I've had stuff that I've wanted to move from there onto my other computer. so, what I would have to do is mov e the file from the my documents folder, to the file drive, and then from there I could access it with my other computer and move it from that file drive to the other. is there something that I'm doing wrong in the sharing process that does not allow me to view any files on either of my c drives over a network? I constantly would get the message in the case of JAWS anyway, that the c drive was "a protected volume."

and now for something completely different, websites. JAWS does *not* seem to like this website http://www.emilyjordan.com/# nor the Gemeinhardt site www.gemeinhardt.com. I'm not sure why, it's the same old "this page links" with on-mouse-overs that JAWS sees nearly every day. why is it that I cannot do enter on these links? I've actually had this problem with a couple of other sites as well.

Thanks for your help,

Patricia