RE: Windows Vista with jaws

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 14:40:00 -0400

extending support does not mean continuing sales; it just means they'll
take calls and create patches.  However, there will be a time, an
unknown length of time, when you can only buy vista.  My recommendation
is not to upgrade if you don't have to, but try to make the best of it
if you're forced to.

When I bought my Dell Inspiron they only offered vista for that
particular model.  I think soon that will be the case for all pcs.  If
you downgrade a pc yourself because you have access to an xp cd, then
you void any support agreement from your pc manufacturer; I think it's
better in that case to learn to live with vista.

My understanding of the Windows version 7 is that it will be treated
like a service pack for vista.  I don't know how much the basic user
interface will change, so I wouldn't bank on it solving all the problems
we're currently having.

Chip

Chip Orange
Database Administrator