Winboard and Braille Display

  • From: "Ray Campbell" <ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 14:03:34 -0600

Hi All:

I'm evaluating winboard to see if it could be used by people who are
deaf-blind on a braille display.  I am running JAWS 7.0 using a
Braillestar 40.  When I bring up winboard, the chess board is there.  I
can move the arrows around and JAWS will say, for example, "A1 White
Rook".  However, this same information is not sent to the Braille
display.

Any ideas on why this information is not being sent to the display?
Does anyone out there have scripts that correct this?

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Assistive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-666-1331, Ext. 3540
ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx