Re: Who Needs JAWS 12 Anyway?

  • From: larelishumate@xxxxxxx
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 01:53:08 -0400 (EDT)

I am not sure if I want to upgrade from Jaws 11 to Jaws 12 I think that I
like the settings in Jaws 11.0 than the ones that were mentione.
    Laura Shumate

In a message dated 8/4/2010 1:41:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Same  here. This is the last count for me then I'll have to decide on my
future  with it. Got loads of options, not enough time to choose!

Signed by  Chris Hallsworth
MSN:  ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/christopherh40
Klango: chrishallsworth
If you have  any computer problems or queries, please do not hesitate to
contact me on  the above channels. Many thanks.

On 04/08/2010 15:13, Yadiel  wrote:
> Maybe it's just me. But I paid for a SMA license and if I don't  upgrade
I'll loose it. I don't know if I need or not, but I paid for it. So I
better enjoy what it brings to the table. who knows.

yesterday is a "virtual ribbon" option that will  emulate the classic menus in
Office 2003 while retaining the ribbon menu  structure everyone loves to hate.
For those of you who do not plan to  upgrade to JAWS 12, I just discovered
a great little app called Ubit Menu that  adds the classic Office 2003 menus
to the Office 2007/10 ribbon menu.   Once you download and install this
app, you bring up the ribbon menu by  pressing Alt, right arrow to the Menu tab
and hit Enter.  Then you can  tab and shift tab through the various classic
2003 menu options for Word,  Excel and Power Point.  It works well with
JAWS 9, and does not disrupt  the existing ribbon menu structure in any way.
So you can have your cake  and eat it too; classic Office 2003 menus, or the
newer and more frustrating  Office 2007/10 ribbon menus.  So who needs JAWS
12 anyway? Besides, Ubit  Menu is availabel now, so you don't have to wait
for JAWS 12 to b
e  released.

>  http://www.ubit.ch/software/ubitmenu-languages/
>
>  Gerald

JFW homepage:  http://www.freedomscientific.com/
Alternative archives located at:

If you have any  concerns about the list, post received from the list, or
the way the list is  being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact
the list owner at  jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx