Webvisum To The Rescue

  • From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 17:05:25 -0500

I wanted to take advantage of the government coupon program to assist in the
purchase of an analog to digital TV converter box.  I went to

http://www.dtv2009.gov

and activated the button that took me to the application form.  The form was
accessible enough, but at the bottom I found that now familiar phrase asking me
to type the words I saw into the edit box.  They did have an audio version of
the CAPTCHA, but my success with distorted audio hasn't been too good in the
past.  So I decided to let JAWS 10, Firefox 3 and Webvisum take a shot at it.
This combination worked, and the form was submitted successfully.

Gary King
mailto:w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx