Website Problem

  • From: "marvin hunkin" <marvkin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:29:31 +1100

Hi vips.
any expert web site developers and work with jaws.
have looked on google, some of the jaws forums, the website forums, but cannot get an answer to my problem, and looked on a couple of website development
books, found at blind programming, but need some help, really strange.
okay, revamping my sites, at last, been neglected for a while, while doing the project management course. now, revamped a accessability page, took out the frames, and now redeveloped and works fine and reads the title, when the page loads, and got a heading
2 with a bulleted list of links, and simple layout.
now when i link to that link, and got a list of the links, say, home, it loads the frames page, which i have not modified yet, but when i go to the accessability page, jaws goes straight to the navigation links on heading 2, instead of reading the top of the page, with the title, and a date which i have put on the
top of the page, and heading 1, and then the main text of this page.
using texpad, and using html.
now, tried in the <li> <a href="Accessability.html" title="Accessability Policy" target="_top">Accessability</a> </li>
did not work, when link from my page.
and when i try the other links, reads the top of the page, and reads fine, with the first frame.
really strange.
now how do i fix this one?
really stumped?
using jaws 6.10.1004u, internet explorer 6.0 or 6.1, windows 2000 professional.
if any one can help me out to figure this strange reading.
i know i can do control home, but will be really annoying for the users, when i upload it to a server. that will be the first thing blind users will complain about and will bombard me with e-mail.
sorry about the rambling, but had to explain my self.
cheers Marvin.
ps: now, on my accessability page, when i hit l for list, instead of reading me the first bulleted list link, just say list with 6 items, how do i get that to read the first item, underneath a heading, with no line breaks.