RE: Vista and jaws

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 10:08:32 -0400

I recently bought vista on a dell laptop.  I'm quite happy with the dell
laptop, but vista I find to be different from xp.  Not really better in
any way, just different enough that you have to learn how to do things
differently.  There are parts of the OS, which are dialogs which aren't
fully accessible.  You must use the jaws cursor to deal with these.

I don't think you need anything other than Vista home premium, but if
you go for a higher version of vista, don't forget you will need the
unreasonablymore expensive professional version of jaws.

I see no reason why you shouldn't buy xp if you don't want to learn
vista, and if you still can.  It performs in every way as well as vista,
and I'm sure will be supported by software vendors for many years to
come.  The decision will probably turn on whether you still can obtain
xp or not.

Chip

Chip Orange
Database Administrator