Viewing all the screen at once for sighted people?

  • From: "Gerardo Corripio" <gera1027@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BlindTech List" <blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "JFW Email List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 12:31:01 -0500

Hi guys: Occasionally while running Jaws family members want to take a look
at emails they get; usually they have to be moving the down arrow key to
make appear text onscreen line by line, thus using the virtual cursor or PC
cursor in Jaws (depending if it's an email or word document they're looking
at). I remember way back in the 90s when using Keysoft from Humanware I used
to be able to do an alt+v that would allow me to show the whole screen at
once. Is this possible in some way using Jaws? If I virtualize the current
edit field with Insert+Shift+Control+w will this command achieve the same
effect I'm wanting as with Alt+v in Keysoft in that I can show the whole
screen rather than having to arrow down line by line for the sighted to see
the text? how do the sighted look at documents and emails then? Do they have
some sort of show entire screen command like in the Say all in Jaws? Sorry
if my question sounds dumb but hopefully I'll get some new insights which
will also help others in my same situation.
Gerardo

Alternative archives located at: