Re: Video Receptor

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:40:04 -0500

Hi. the correct term is Video Intercept, not video receptor.

 From your message I'm guessing you're pretty much of a computer novice,
nothing wrong with that, smile
It's like I said in a previous message, once you install SP2,  it may, or
may not, depending on your video card, need to update the video intercept
that JAWS uses to access what it needs to read to you.
If this happens, the first thing to do is to be calm, and don't panic.
Absolutely nothing is wrong.  If you reboot your system and JAWS will not
come up, bring up Microsoft narator with
windows key plus the letter u.  Have it read the screen to you and if that
message is present, just press the button that installs the video
intercept  for JAWS.
You will then be prompted to reboot your computer. If you are, please do it
and then JAWS will come up talking and you'll be on your way.