Re: Using two sound cards

  • From: Pranav Lal <nomad42@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:03:06 +0530

Howard,

I have archived the following message. I wonder if it helps?

Pranav
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 05:37:16 -0500
From: trouble <trouble1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Sound card question
To: jfwlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: Jarrod Jicha <jamminjerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: jaws on its own sound
Hello there.  If you are receiving this email, This means that you have
emailed me asking how to use JFW on it's own sound card.  My Primary sound
card is an SB Audigy II sound card.  My secondary one is called a C-Media
Wave Device.  All of my windows sounds, winamp, windows media player, and
even my dvd player, run threw the SB Audigy II card.  I am putting jfw on my
secondary sound card.  JFW is the only thing using my secondary sound card.
Nothing else is using it at all!  here is what you do.  You need to grab a
copy of the latest eloquence file.  Second
of all, you need to edit your JFW.INI file.  I will paste a copy of mine in
here, so that you can see what you need to do.  What is crutial, is that you
need to know the exact name of your secondary sound card.  For example, mine
is

C-Media Wave Device

Notice how I wrote it, punctuation, and capitalization as well.  This is
what you need to do. Actually, you only need to add one line of code to the
jfw.ini file.  The following comes from my ini file.  Pay close attention to
the last line.  The first three you already have, but the fourth is the one
you want to add.

Synth1Name=eloq
Synth1LongName=Eloquence for JAWS
Synth1Driver=eloq
Synth1Port=C-Media Wave Device

At 04:27 PM 11/6/03 -0700, you wrote:
 >I am running dual sound cards and i have heard that i can tell jaws which
 >card to use how do i do this?
 >
 >Desyree
 >

 >Visit the JFW ml web page at
http://jfw.cjb.net