Using JFW with Remote Desktop Connection

  • From: "Ray Campbell" <ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 15:50:58 -0600

Hi All:

Is anyone using JFW with Remote Desktop Connection?  I'm working with a
client who has a good chance to get a job working at home for a
recruiting company calling clients.  She, however, needs to use Remote
Desktop Connection to access a software and client database product
called "winsearch".  The client runs Windows XP Home and JAWS 7.  I am
testing Remote Desktop Connection with JAWS 7 to see if this can be
done.  I got the Remote Desktop Connection installed, accessed it,
entered my computer name, login and password as instructed, and hit the
"connect" button.  All I hear after that is "input capture window" and I
can't get JAWS to speak anything.

If anyone has used Remote Desktop successfully and has directions on how
things need to be set up, please let me know.  Could it be that JAWS
needs to be installed remotely on the server she will be accessing?

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Assistive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-666-1331, Ext. 3540
ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx