Re: Using Hotmail with Jaws

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:56:06 -0600

Hi

You have to press enter to turn forms mode on first by pressing enter while
at the password prompt.  JAWS will say forms mode on. then, type the
password and press enter. You will then be taken to the next screen where
you'll get to what you want.

Personally, I would not recommend hotmail at all, it is full of spam
e-mail, and is very confusing to a new computer user. If she has any e-mail
addresses available to her, and  most internet providers give you one, I
would suggest using a basic e-mail program such as Eudora, or Outlook for
e-mail.  It is much easier and, as I said, does not confuse new JAWS and/or
computer users quite as much.
                         You can use Hotmail with Outlook or Outlook
express, but some people are saying it costs extra. I haven't gone anywhere
near a hotmail account for a few years and don't ever intend to do so again.