Re: Upgrading from V11 to V12

  • From: "Farfar Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 14:46:17 -0800

Gary,

Precisely. Why are the FS techs so ready to pounce on the merge utility as a
source of problems - you've answered it.

I would note for the benefit of those wanting to do a simple copy...be most
wary of copying any .JSS, .JSB, .JGF, and .JCF files. Those seem to be the ones
most likely to cause problems.

Gary's advice to copy one group at a time is very sensible.

Also if you are having problems, I find that using the JAWS/Options/Manage
Applications dialog helpful. There you can pick-and-choose which script sets
are active, so as to help in finding troublesome scripts.

Dave
Composed on a Dell Latitude 630 in the general vicinity of my Audio Recording
and Mixing Studios, San Jose, California