Unresponsive links in Earthlink

  • From: Edward Marquette <emarquette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 06:41:30 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

I've noticed recently that certain Web controls in Earthlink's Webmail have
ceased to work.  Prior to a couple of weeks ago, they worked fine.
In particular, the Webmail spellcheck link (JAWS identifies it as a link)used
to work just fine.  Now, whether I press the space bar on it or hit ENTER, I
get the same response, a relatively low-toned, two tone, double descending
beep.  It does not matter whether forms mode is on or off.
I get the same response for the "search" button that follows the search string
edit box, again in Earthlink Webmail.  Finally, I received exactly the same
tone when trying to activate a link within a HTML email message from Earthlink.
The lattermost at least suggests to me that this is some peculiar new HTML or
other control introduced by Earthlink, but Earthlink has tried to be fairly
accessible, and the pages have not otherwise changed.
Any ideas?
By the way, I'm using Windows 2000 on an IBM ThinkPad T-41 with JFW 6.0.
 Thanks!
Ed Marquette