RE: USB Turntable

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 12:39:17 -0500

My idea is that this turntable is telling Windows that it's a soundcard
device (I have a USB soundcard, and it does the same thing; as soon as
you plug it in, Windows by default switches to it as the soundcard to be
used).

It probably needs to do this so that audio recording programs can
interface with it properly.

There's a way to force jaws to use a specific soundcard, but I don't
know what it is.  You'll need to call FS for help or research this on
their knowledge base.   Anyway, just forcing it to use the built-in
soundcard may be enough to get around this.

Alternatively, if you could use a braille display or a hardware
synthesizer, that too could get you around this.

hth,

Chip

Chip Orange
Database Administrator