Turning off ANSI characters

  • From: "Salvas,Michel [NCR]" <Michel.Salvas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:56:01 -0400

Hi, Judith and all,

Here's how you turn off ANSI characters with JAWS 7.1:

1. Press INSERT+F2 to open the JAWS Manager.

2.      Press DOWN ARROW until you get the Configuration Manager and
press ENTER.

3. Press SHIFT+CTRL+D to open the default configuration file.

4. Press ALT+S for Set Options.

5. Press G to select Graphics and Symbols.

6.      You should lend on the Character Verbosity field. If you are not
in this field, press TAB to go there.

7.      The option None should be selected. If this is not the right
option, press UP ARROW until you get it and press ENTER.

8.      Press ALT+F4 then Y to close and save changes to the default
configuration file.

9.       To make sure the changes take effect, close JAWS then reopen
it.

Hope this helps!

Michel Salvas