Tripletalk USB problems.

  • From: "J King" <jlist1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW List" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 08:11:58 -0400 (EDT)

I'm using a P 4 system running Win XP pro with 1 gig of RAM that has
Window Eyes v 5.5 on board.  There is a Tripletalk USB synth connected to
the system and Wineyes operates well with it and has for some time I'm
told.  I've just installed Jaws 7 and the installation went smoothly.
Since the on board sound card is being used for other purposes, I want
Jaws to use the same Tripletalk USB synth that the Window Eyes program is
running through.  During the installation I selected the Tripletalk as the
default synth and the installation appeared to be working well.  After the
first reboot of the system, neither of the screen readers opened, which is
the way the settings have been adjusted.  Opening Window Eyes brings up
the Tripletalk as usual, Opening Jaws does not.  I am now unable to run
Jaws through the Tripletalk, although it will operate through the sapi
synth with no problems.
I've flash upgraded the Tripletalk and all the drivers for it are the
latest available from the manufacturer's website.
Does anyone know of a way of getting Jaws to use this Tripletalk USB synth?
Any help gratefully received.

TIA