Re: Toshiba Query

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 18:53:45 -0800

I think you've been watching too many episodes. If you've installed a new op
sys over the old drive, then I suspect that very little will be recoverable.

If you haven't touched your old drive, then there are recovery services out
there who charge $500 to $1000 US to recover what you had on a drive, to
whatever extent possible.

I don't know if there are any canned programs out there that will do it for you.

I lost a hard drive some years ago, and now I backup no less than once a week,
and some data is backed up real-time.

Dave