Tip to joining yahoo groups

  • From: "Chris Chaffin" <chaffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 13:09:39 -0500

Hi all,
With trying to join a group at yahoo groups, I ended up trying several things!
One of which gave a kind of good result!
Now this might not work on every group, but it worked on the ones I tried it on!
If you are a yahoo member, go to groups.yahoo.com and sign in.
Go to the search box, and search and find the group you want to join.
For example, let's say I want to join a list called 'blind-computing'.
Just send a blank EMail to that list just like you were a member!
So you would send it to: blind-computing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (only an example).
Of coarse, since you are not a member, yahoo groups is going to send you a
message saying that the message was not deliverable because you are not a
member!
In that message that yahoo groups sends you, there will be an address link that
is the address you need to subscribe to that list!
Just hit enter on it, and send it on its way, and there, your done!
No graphical words to worry about or anything!!
Hopefully this will help!
Chris Chaffin