The upgrades and MSN.

  • From: "Ammar Elsherei" <elsherei@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:17:36 +0200

Hi All.
I installed the first upgrade :809:. To my disappointment, I found it is not
speaking the emoticons in Msn 6.1. As you may know, with Jaws 5 and Msn 6, we
were used to receiving emoticons. Jaws used to say :smiley face, or angry face:
and the like when it is sent during a chat. With the upgrade, it is true that
most of the functions of msn are working better, but we lost this very vital
one. Then I read that there is an upgrade for the upgrade. I said well and
good. They took care for the problem and knew how bad it is, and decided to
correct it. Unfortunately, nothing of my optimistic dreams came true. The
problem is still persisting. No received emoticons are read at all. All what
you get is a message saying :font background: or something like this.
Is there something that I should adjust? Or anything I am missing?
Thanks very much.

All the best.

Ammar Elsherei.
Egyptian Composer and Musician.