The Final Word on "Free" JAWS

  • From: "Bruce Toews" <jeopardy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:33:11 -0600

For some reason, my regular e-mail account doesn't seem to be getting through
to the list at the moment. No doubt you'll get all of my recent messages in one
bunch somewhere down the road, but in the meantime, here is a summary and the
final word on this so-called "free JAWS" thread.
1. The version of JAWS that was downloaded and used for free with no
authorization disk was a mistake. I have forwarded two messages from this list
to FS, notifying them of what has happened. For anyone who has a version of
JAWS that does not time out nore request an authorization disk, the moral thing
to do is to delete it and all copies of it, download the proper version, and
run with it.

2. The demo version on the FS site for download is a 40-minute demo that times
out and requires reboot. A multi-week demo can be purchased from FS for a
nominal price, that price to go toward the purchase of JAWS should the trialee
decide to do so.

3. As I have stated, I have alerted FS as to the fact that this "free JAWS" is
floating around. This list does not and will not condone illegal activity, and
anyone who comes to my attention as knowingly distributing this "free" version
will be removed from the list and FS will be notified.

Please end this thread immediately. Thank you.

Bruce
List Owner