Re: Text search with JAWS and Acrobat Reader

  • From: Glen Jan <glenjan42@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 14:20:54 +1100

Tom,
Does F6 (function key 6) rotate the focus from the Adobe find dialog box to the document and back?
Glen

At 02:16 pm 17-12-2009, you wrote:
Hi all,
At my lab, one of my students was looking through a pdf file using JAWS 11 and Acrobat Reader version 9, I think. The document in question was a catalog from El Camino College. The pdf file read just fine with JAWS but we ran into a significant problem when trying to search for text. Using Adobe Reader's Find dialog, we could search for text and it would find it, but we couldn't figure out how to exit the dialog and read the file at the location where the text was found. How is this properly done?Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Tom