Testing Client/Server Remote Access Support with Jaws 6.0

  • From: "Adam Daou" <adam.daou@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 09:23:38 -0500

Hi all,
I have tried this new Remote Access Support feature with NetMeeting to
simulate a troubleshooting session between me and, let's say, someone in an
other location in a different city. Well, I was able to navigate within the
remote Jaws window and access its menus and dialog boxes with full voice
output. However, other Windows shared applications were completely silent,
no voice output in the remote computer. Even the remote Start Menu was
silent. Now when I return to Jaws window and open the Configuration Manager
for troubleshooting purposes, Jaws keeps reading and reading non stop.
Pressing my Control key doesn't have any effect on the remote computer. I
have to wait until it finishes processing the whole dialog box. Anyway, I
just wanted to share this experience with you and see if you have tried this
new feature with either NetMeeting or other remote access software. It's a
powerful feature if it could work properly because we can help fix other
users computer in remote places when they have troubleshooting needs.
Regards,
Adam Daou