Surfing with JAWS observations

  • From: "Christian" <christian08@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 18:29:58 +0200

Hi all,
I have been using Window-Eyes in the passed, but for a fw reasons I have to use
JAWS and JAWS is much faster than WE on wbsites and one does not need to turn
off/on suspend site refreshes and so which is good.
I have also noticed that if I turn on graphic verbocity i ma able to access
graphical elements on websites which I could not use with the other screen
reader which is very good since now I am able to use a webshop again which I
couldn't use before.
Now on to my observations.
I had to manage my profile at a website and the customer service told me about
a few links that I should find but they weren't there! I then tried Window-Eyes
and I could see them and they appeared as standard links!
Really annoying but I have noticed the same thing with Window-Eyes as well.
Has anyone else got this same situation?
So one needs to have two screen readers install after all. It's sad to see that
since I prefer to surf with JAWS because of it's speed.
Best regards,
Christian

Alternative archives located at: