Re: Suggestions for web authoring software?

  • From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 11:36:36 +0000

Jack Mercer wrote:
> I just wanted to know if anybody had reccommendations as to what the most
> accessible web authoring software would be?

Current specialized web authoring tools are so dire that you'll produce
a better website with a decent text editor or IDE, preferably one that
is cheap or free.

http://www.benjaminhawkeslewis.com/www/accessibility/accessible-authoring-tools

lists text editors that screen reader users have mentioned to me. I'd
try a few and see which ones you like: Scite, PSPad, Textpal, and
Notepad are all free, but Scite and PSPad are probably the best suited
for web development because they have UTF-8 support. (I'll add any new
editors or IDEs mentioned in this thread to the list.)

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis