RE: Stopping Jaws From Saying Grater in Outlook Express

  • From: "pdewitz" <pdewitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:17:05 -0800

Would this be the same for Outlook?

Patti

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of the curmudgeon les
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2004 6:03 AM
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Stopping Jaws From Saying Grater in Outlook Express

configuring outlook express

press alt, t, for tools,
then press the letter o, for options
you will land on the general page,
the first option is unchecked
when opening outlook express go directly to my inbox
check this  by pressing the spacebar.
now, control tab, to get to the next page
the read page,
spacebar the first check you hear,
mark message read after displayed so it is unchecked.
control tab,twice, skipping
receipts, and you will land on, the send page
make sure, save a copy is not checked
now, tab to html settings button and enter
tab to indent  message on reply, and uncheck, it,
tab to ok and enter,
tab and enter on
plain text settings button
tab to
indent original text  with
and uncheck it,
and then tab to ok and enter
now, tab to the second  html settings button, and enter
tab to indent message on reply, and uncheck it,
tab to ok and enter,
tab to plain text settings button, and enter
tab to indent original text with, and uncheck it ,tab to ok and enter.
press alt A, for apply
shift tab to ok and press enter.

this will help you not send the greater than sign
but, if you get email, infested, with them
go into dictionary manager
insert f2,
press d, for dictionary manager
press enter on add,
put a greater than sign in the actual word tab to replacement word and put a
space,
tab to ok
press control s to save
then close
I also do not have jaws speak punctuation
insert j
right arrow,
then down arrow to voices and right arrow,
to global and enter
tab to punctuation up arrow to none
tab to ok
and enter
turn off then turn jaws on again to set it

now, you should not hear any of the greater than signs
if they are infesting a email you are reading
but they are still there, just, not being read,

to really, rid, one self, of this infestion
if saving a email to a document after copying, and pasting it, into word
select one greater than sign,
press control h, for find and replace
tab to replace all button
this will remove all of them
when , replying to a email that has too many, greater than signs I will,
select all, the offensive  and lazy email sender message
paste it into a document
delete all the greater than signs  using  find and replace
then paste it back in the reply email then send it
this works great in outlook express
but, it, is a lot to do
and sometimes too much or, happens to often
to, too many email to do it every time