RE: Stop with the Support Topic

  • From: Bruce Toews <coke_drinker@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:50:37 -0600 (CST)

It's reqlly quite elementary. If the subject is the JAWS screen reader,
how to use it, how to get it to work with another program, the discovery
of a new feature that might be of benefit, what are the ramifications of
one action or inaction or another as they relate to JAWS, it's
permissible. Does a certain program work with JAWS, and if so what does
one need to know? That's permissible. This is a technical JAWS discussion
list, not a FS base. This list does not belong to FS, nor is it about FS.
If you want to discuss the pros and cons of FS as a company, its people,
its policies, its operations, you'll have to find another place to do it.
Unless you need clarification on a policy that directly relates to JAWS,
that again is permissible. Allow the discussion of FS, you're going to
wind up with an immediate whine-fest and FS staff will stay away from this
list, as will the people who are here for the info. The days of "anything
goes" on this list are over.

A word to some people who have written me saying they are afraid to post
to the list because of the hard-line approach I have taken. Don't be
afraid to do so. Just read the rules, follow them, and if you're not sure
about something, then just ask me first at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx I'm
not "out to get" anyone. Only one person has been thrown off the list
since I took it over, and I promise that no one else is in danger of that
at the moment. I'm very approachable, so if you have any further
questions, please let me know at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews