RE: Status On Keynote

  • From: "Aman Singer" <aman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 01:58:22 -0500

Hi.
        If you're using Windows 95, 98, or ME, you can probably get the
synthesizer to work with Jaws. Contact PDI/Humanware
        http://www.humanware.com
        They should be able to sell you a copy. If you have a Braillenote,
or are interested in buying one, you can get it to work with Jaws on Windows
9x/ME, and it has the Keynote synth integrated.
        Finally, you can get a hardware version of the Keynote synthesizer,
called the Keynote SA. I don't think this is being sold new anymore, but
I've seen them advertised on the equipment sales lists, though none very
recently. If you want one, give me a private email and I'll see if a friend
of mine still has his.  Again, all these will only work with Jaws if you're
running Windows 9x/ME. If you're running NT/2K/XP, they will not work with
Jaws, though the hardware versions (the Braillenote and stand-alone Keynote
synthesizer), will work with Window Eyes.
        Aman