Re: Spyware Blaster

  • From: "Steve" <k8sp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 17:23:35 -0400

Marsha,

If you read the helpful hints on the JFWlite site, Spyware Blaster is a
different program in terms of functionality than Spybot and AdAware.  The
latter two hunt for and erase spyware already on your PC.  Spyblaster is used
to prevent acquiring spyware in the first place.  It needs to run when you
access the internet to catch potential threats.  Some newer anti-virus
programs such as Norton 2004 also offer a similar feature.