Re: SonicStage and JFW

  • From: "Wes Derby" <wesderby@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 19:47:45 -0700

Hi.

Thanks for that...Sounds like I'll have my wife, who is sighted, help me set up the fifteen songs I DID download in the order I want them on a CD, and then after that, just uninstall and discard the program. Besides, I think Yahoo sells their songs $0.20 cheaper anyway. :-) BTW, Pranav, what portable player are you using, and how user-friendly do you find it to be?

Speaking of which, other than ITunes (I don't own an iPod nor do I see myself getting one soon), which is the most JAWS-friendly legal music download service? My only real criteria is that I be able to burn the files to CD...The only portable device I own is a RioVolt MP3-CD player which can also play most WMA files, though with some of the new DRM technology, it runs into trouble with those. I've been using WinMX for years, but am frankly not wanting to fall victim to a RIAA lawsuit, so I'm looking for a legal service that has all the tunes I want and works reasonably well with JAWS...Preferably one that lets me use MY CD burning program, not their proprietary software.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pranav Lal" <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>