RE: Slow Internet Explorer when loading pages with graphics

  • From: Adrian Spratt <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 12:05:19 -0400

Bill,

When in IE, go to tools with alt-t and then options with o.

Control-shift-tab back just once to advance. In there you'll find
accessibility settings.

I just tested it to make sure these directions still apply in IE8, which I'm
using. Once in the advance tab, I find I need to tab forward once and then
backwards once or twice to locate the accessibility settings.

Once you land on accessibility, JAWS will announce six items. In fact, there
are many more. You arrow down through them, checking and unchecking items as
you choose. I suggest you go all the way down to catch some of the nuances.

After you've made your selections, tab to the OK button.

I can't remember if IE requires you to reboot for some of the changes to
take effect.

  _____