ShortKeys Lite & XP

  • From: "Margaret Thomas" <iluvtoread@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 14:59:55 -0500

Hi All,

    ShortKeys Lite 1.7 was one of my most valuable programs on my Win
98 se machine and I'm hoping I can use some version of ShortKeys on my
XP Home computer.

    I purchased a license for it, but the program was up to version 2
and I never had enough patience to successfully get the licensed copy
of 2 working on the old machine and continued to run the 1.7  lite
version.

    The current Lite version is 2.1 and I've installed it on the XP
computer, but the instructions for using it on the JFWlite site aren't
working for me and I believe they were written for version 1.7.  I
have a script for the full 2 version someone sent me when I was trying
to get my licensed copy working on the old machine, but it is for JAWS
4.x and I haven't tried it with the new Lite version since it is for
the full version and a much earlier version of JAWS.  I saved a note
that FS was supposedly working on a problem with JFW 5.1 and
ShortKeys, but I haven't seen any recent mention of ShortKeys and
JAWS.

    Has anyone been able to get either version of ShortKeys to work
with JAWS 6.2 or 7.0 on an XP machine?

    Thanks,

Margaret
iluvtoread@xxxxxxx