Re: Setting up Word x P and Office X p for JAWS 4.5 1 and JAWS 5

  • From: Anna K Byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 08:08:00 -0600

Absolutely no problem with JFW4.51 and Office XP--aka Office 2002.  I
believe Accesstechnologyinstitute and possibly even FS have recommended
settings for it, but I have taught it without making any special
adjustments to the computer.  Except, of course, zoom = 75% or page width,
view = normal, and Norton/options/miscellaneous has the office plug-in
unchecked.  Office XP is a little harder to work with than Office 2000,
making more use of menus and panes, once in a while to the point that you
can't get to the stinkin pane without a mouse (adding animations in Power
Point).  Nonetheless, for the most part it's okay.