Re: Routing JAWS Output to Second Sound Device

  • From: "Don Moore" <donmoore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 21:30:25 -0300

Hi Ray,

I have an onboard sound card, called RealTech, and a second sound card, called SoundBlaster Odygy. In order to have JAWS running off the on-board sound card (i.e. the RealTech sound card) instead of the SoundBlaster Odygy, I had to insert the following line into the jfw.ini file of the JAWS version I am using:

Synth1Port=Realtek HD Audio rear output

This line must be inserted in the new jfw.ini file each time I upgrade to a new version of JAWS; otherwise, JAWS will run off the SoundBlaster card just like everything else on my PC. The line must be inserted just above the first line that starts with Synth2. The path for the jfw.ini file for JAWS 8.0 is:

C:\Program Files\Freedom Scientific\Jaws\8.0\jfw.ini

   Hope this helps,

   Don

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray Campbell" <ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>