Restoring JAWS after computer glitch or crash

  • From: "Gerald Levy" <bwaylimited@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JFW list" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 10:59:08 -0400

Occasionally, I encounter a computer glitch or crash which causes JAWS to stop
speaking.  When this happens and there's no sighted assistance available, I
just shut down my computer using the power button on the tower and reboot,
which usually restores JAWS to normal speech.  I've heard that shutting down a
computer this way is not a good idea since it could cause hardware damage, so
is there a better way to get JAWS to start speaking again without sighted help?
 Thanks.?