Re: Repair question for my braille printer.

  • From: Pat Byrne <k9jau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 20:02:22 -0600

Oil and rubber sure don't like each other, much!! Sometimes alcohol will clean up rollers quite well. The pads that they use to clean an injection site work great. I scammed a few when I got my flu shot.

Good luck and congrats. on the compressed air.
What a difference, a little compressed air makes! It seems that cured the problem, at least in the short term. I'm not sure how long it will work. I was wondering do I need to oil the rollers or anything in the printer, or would that be a bad idea? Someone suggested that to me, but I did not want to take a chance.