Reading MSAA Properties

  • From: "Mike Paciello" <mpaciello@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 13:33:36 -0400

We are working with an Edit Control in a Windows Desktop Application.
The Edit Control's MSAA Properties are set using Dynamic Direct
Annotation. The MSAA Tools verify that the properties we annotate are
exposed.  But we are having some difficultly with the PROPID_ACC_VALUE
property.
For example, we set the PROPID_ACC_VALUE to "Mike" when the actual value
of the control is "Mike Paciello". JAWS by default reads the actual
value.

Can JAWS read the PROPID_ACC_VALUE property instead? Additionally, is
there a way for JAWS to get other MSAA properties read back to the user
like PROPID_ACC_DESCRIPTION.

Thanks for your help!

Mike Paciello