Re: Re: A T & T Natural Voices with JFW

  • From: Craig Goodenough <epimetheus27@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 20:33:47 -0500

Greetings everyone!!
I just wanted to let you know that you can purchase the AT&T Real voices
as part of a program called 'GroupsAloud'.

GroupsAloud, the worlds first talking Usenet News Reader, brings you an
unlimited amount of great information and conversation, all without the
hassle of reading.

it is available at http:\\www.nextup.com

There are a bunch of programs  there that all support the AT&T voices.

You can purchase the GroupsAloud program for $19.95.  You then have the
option to purchase the AT&T REal voices as an add on.  The 8khz standard
voices are $15.00 plus $2.00 shipping.  You can purchase the 16 Khz
voices for 25.00 plus $2.00 shipping.  You can purchase both the 8 and
16 khz voices for $40.00 plus $2.00 shipping.

Keep in mind, that you have to purchase one of their packages to be
eligible to buy the AT&T voices.

The same site also sells a series of voices from a company called
'Cepstral'.  Their voices are also quite good, but they sell for $24.00
for each voice.

You may also download 'FREE" - no strings attached - L&H voices.

Hope this hasn't totally blown everyone's mind!!

please message me if you need help finding things.

Cheers

Craig Goodenough

PS...I don't work for the company I mentioned above, but have used some
of their products.