Question about windows M E and Windows 2000

  • From: "Chris" <live4god2004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 14:27:52 -0400

I want to upgrade one of my systems over here from M E to 2000.  I have a
slight issue however.  I am not sure if my sound Blaster Value will still be
detected.  I know that the Value series cards are not plug and play, and I
don't have a version of Liveware that will run under Win 2K.  I'm not sure
if I'll need to get updated drivers, or whether the driver I am currently
using for M E would migrate sota speak, well enough to where I'd get sound
right up front.  I'm not planning to wipe the drive, then install, I'm just
gonna pop the CD in, and do an upgrade.  I know I can as I've already
explored and it's showing that I certainly can do that.  The fact though, of
not having sound kind a scares me since my Accent S A no longer works.

Can someone advise me on what the next best step would probably be to take?

Thanks.

Chris.