Question About Thunderbird

  • From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 16:12:24 -0600

If there are Thunderbird users on the list, tell me if you can filter incoming
messages into separate folders.  For example, can you create a folder for each
email list and have your messages go there automatically instead of the In-Box?
 This is the way I've always managed my email in Outlook Express.  I don't want
my email from various lists all mixed together in the In-Box.

I'm still trying to decide on an email program for Windows 7.  After reading
about the features of Thunderbird on Mozilla.org, it still wasn't clear to me
if filtering incoming messages was possible.  It seemed to be saying that you
could work with email in the In-Box and then archive any messages you wanted to
save.  If I can't filter my incoming email, I'm not interested in trying
Thunderbird.  I may just give that Windows Mail installation procedure a shot.,
since it acts like Outlook Express.  I have MS Office 2010 on my Windows 7
computer, but I don't have Outlook.

Gary King
mailto:w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx