Problem with peapod.com

  • From: "Margaret Thomas" <iluvtoread@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 00:25:51 -0400

Good Evening All,

    I've successfully placed several orders with the grocery delivery
service
www.peapod.com

but am encountering one problem that is fairly irritating and occurred
again on my visit there a few minutes ago.

    I'll be happily adding items to my cart when I receive a message
to the effect of "We're sorry, but you must end your shopping trip in
000 minutes so we can conduct system maintenance."  It doesn't seem to
matter what time of the day or night I visit the site.  I could
understand getting the message close to the cutoff times for morning
and afternoon/evening deliveries, but I've gotten it well before the
deadlines for placing orders.  A five minute warning would be helpful,
but I've never gotten any advanced notice.

    The first technical support person I spoke with at peapod.com said
that I should be getting a five minute warning before I get the 000
message and suggested that I have allow pop ups turned on in XP Home
with SP 1 and 2.  I tried this with JAWS 6.0 and it didn't fix it.  I
told the second technical support person I spoke with that I still had
the problem and that the fix suggested by her colleague didn't work.
She said that the person who was the most familiar with screen review
programs was on vacation.  I recently installed JFW 6.2 and visited
the site tonight and still didn't get any advanced warning before I
got the 000 minute message.

    I'm running IE 6.

    The tech support person should be back by now, but before I call
Peapod again, I was wondering if anyone has visited the site to buy
groceries and has gotten any kind of advanced warning that they must
end their shopping trip or just the 000 message I get?  I'd appreciate
any suggestions for other changes to XP or JAWS I could make.

    Thanks,
Margaret
iluvtoread@xxxxxxx