Re: Pop-3 Email to text message

  • From: "E.J. Zufelt" <everett@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 20:00:13 -0400

Good evening Larry,

The short answer is yes. I believe that you can send an e-mail to text message from any e-mail client. But, you need to know the e-mail address for the phone, I believe that there are a number of web-sites where you can look this up.

For instance, I am with Rogers Wireless in Canada. To send me a text message you would e-mail: 5551234567@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (obviously not my real phone number). You will notice that the e-mail is not @rogers.com, but @pcs.rogers.com. Each carrier has their own syntax for how the e-mail address is formed.

You can also send text messages to most providers through Skype.

HTH,
Everett

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Stansifer" <larrys@xxxxxxxxxxxx>