Re: Playing DVDs in Windows Vista revisited

  • From: Zaheer Sheikh <cybergeek2020@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 20:39:35 -0500

Hi Lisa,

If you have windows 2000, XP, or Vista, you do not have to install the
DVD  driver manually. After uninstalling the DVD driver from the
Device Manager, and rebooting your PC, Windows will automatically find
the driver for your DVD drive and install it in the background.

Just to be on the safe side, perform the following steps before
uninstalling the DVD driver.

1. Change the Auto play settings to its defaults, and then change them
to "Ask me". Now, check if the DVD works.

2. If that doesnt work. E-mail me the name and model number for your
DVD driver. You can find this information from the Device Manager. I
will try to find the latest driver online, and e-mail you. After that,
you can safely uninstall the DVD driver from the Device Manager.

Hope this helps.

Zaheer Sheikh

http://www.jfw2020.co.cc