Re: PDF & Columns Repost

  • From: "john r vaughn" <jrvaughn44@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 00:01:55 -0500

Vicki, you may want to consider upgrading adobe to version 6 or ideally
version 7 which can be done at the jfwlite.com web site under programs.
when you open the adobe program, go to preferences with control key plus
letter K.
now arrow up or down in the list box that comes up to the reading
preferences item.  now tab through the controls for this item.  in adobe 7,
the first control has three options for reading order.  it is recommended to
use the first and defaulted item, but when dealing with documents with
columns, I have found success using the second option two, which is to read
left to right and from top to bottom.  the defaulted choice is to let the
program infer how to read the document.
again, I would urge you to upgrade you adobe as it has gotten better with
the newer versions.  and read the jaws help for using adobe.
good luck.
john