Re: Over type mode and insert mode active.

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 09:12:43 -0800

Hi,

I  haven't read the rest of my morning's emails yet, and maybe someone has
replied to your question. But this isn't an "issue" at all, in the sense of
being an actual problem. It's just a plain old keystroke conflict that
happens because this key combination happens to be the same as a traditional
keyboard command in Word. Personally, after the first time I discovered this
the same way that's happened to you, I just made it a point to Alt Tab out
of Word before launching IE, or to press Window M or Windows D to go to the
desktop and from there either use that key command or just click on the IE
icon on the desktop.

If it's really important to you to be able to launch IE from within Word,
then you'll have to go into the Jaws keyboard manager, find this command,
and provide your own, new choice of keystrokes for it. I'm not really that
confident with Keyboard Manager, so I'll leave it to other to help you do
this if you wish to, if you don't happen to know how to do it yourself
already.